Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Library Book Review: The Dandelion Seed by Joseph Anthony


The Dandelion Seed, written by Joseph Anthony, and illustrated by his wife, Cris Arbo, is a lovely book about the lifecycle of the dandelion flower. 

I must admit that I was moved by the image of the little dandelion seed that reluctantly leaves the dandelion plant and through its journey, discovers the world and begins to understand the way things are.  It made me think about how people cling onto the things that they find comforting and familiar, resisting change.  It made me consider how much people mature when they begin by putting away childish things, and experiencing what the world has to offer.

Besides being beautifully written and illustrated, I found that it was a useful starting point to talk to Stardust about the lifecycle of plants and the changes of each season.

Stardust loves this book so much that he was utterly gutted when we had to return it to the library. 

He is, right now, bouncing up and down next to me and patting my leg, yelling "Dandelion Seed! Read the Dandelion Seed!" which probably means I should end this post before he gets over-excited.

I must try and find a copy of this book somewhere.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.