Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On


I've been wanting to write about Crystal B. jewelry for a long time! I stumbled across her Etsy site some time ago and was intrigued by her handstamped necklaces and her use of colourful silk fabrics which she weaves into flowers.  I liked the way that she mixes materials and reinvents old junk into fancy jewelry, so her site was quickly added to my list of favourites.   

Ms B has a site where she posts up giveaways about once a month and I was fortunate enough to win a necklace from her!  Yay for me!  I could hardly wait to receive my prize.

Her timing was impeccable, for I received a little package from her on a day when I was feeling particularly tormented and it really pepped me up.

Here's the little tin that the necklace came in, wrapped up with a pretty suede ribbon.  Doesn't it look sweet?  Stardust claimed the tin as his own and he uses it to store his 'treasures' (more on this in another post!).

Inside, wrapped in pink tissue paper, was Crystal B's 'Collier, Mrs Churchill', with a medallion bearing a particularly insightful message.  Just looking at it put a big smile on my face and I put the necklace on immediately.  I could feel my upper lip stiffening with fortitude in the face of adversity!  Patriotic Music began to play in the background!  Even Stardust's toy soldiers stood to attention and saluted!

Now, when I am feeling particularly stressed and on the verge of a meltdown, I put on my necklace and it helps to remind me to just take a few deep breaths and just plough on. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.