Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 08, 2010

Happy Birthday, Stardust

On the morning of the party, I woke up early and put the finishing touches on the party food.
Then, because I had forgotten to do so the day before, I quickly cut up napkins into triangles and stitched them together to make strings of bunting.
MDH helped me to put up the bunting around the room - doesn't it look festive?
Stardust was awake by then, so MDH took him for a walk whilst the Outlaws and I put out the party food.

Finally, all the guests arrived and loaded Stardust with gifts, much to his evident delight. We sat in a circle and sang songs and played pass-the-parcel. All the toddlers were very well-behaved and cooperative and played very well together.

Then, I took all the kids downstairs to the pool with a bunch of balloons. The kids had fun kicking the balloons around the water but soon discovered that it was much more fun to roll around in the water instead, splashing wildly.

Then, with all the children dripping wet and ready to sit still, we sang the birthday song ate the birthday cake by the poolside.

It was a great party!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous tinypaperheart said...

cute bunting! :)

9:58 am  
Blogger grace said...

i remembered you baked Stardust's first birthday cake? you did this beautiful cake too??? :)

10:42 am  
Blogger tscd said...

tinypaperheart: Thanks! It was a last minute project so I'm glad it turned out as well as it did.

grace: Thank you for thinking so well of me! I only wish I was that talented. No, the cake was a gift from my parents.

4:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.