Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 05, 2010

Party Preps Day 5: Catering

Planning the menu for the party was quite a challenge for me. I wanted to make sure there was enough food for everyone and that the food would also be toddler-friendly (ie. low sugar, no salt). I also wanted to make sure that the bulk of the menu could be made in advance of the day - to minimise stress on myself.

So after careful consideration, here is the menu that I came up with (I have highlighted the parts of the menu that I have already completed):

Appetisers:
Potato skins topped with bacon bits and cheese
Cocktail sticks - Mini sausages with cheese and pineapple

Main Course:
“Chang Shou Mian” i.e Birthday Noodles (delegated to the Aged Ps)
Lasagne
Tuna Pasta Bake
Sandwiches (fillings: Ham and cucumber, Egg Mayonnaise)

Dessert:
Butterfly cakes
Cupcakes
Birthday cake (delegated to the Aged Ps i.e. they want to buy it)
Fruit cups

Drinks:
Orange or Cucumber water
Fruit punch (i.e. Fruit juice spiked with 7-up)

Whatever is leftover are things that need to be assembled on the day (eg. the cocktail sticks, fruit cups, sandwiches), and I have ensured that there will be plenty of helpers on the morning of the party!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.