Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Lakeside

I realise I haven't yet written about my trip to the Lake District (because I haven't even finished writing about my trip to Germany).

I did have an enjoyable time, despite the fact that I packed for warm, sunny weather and the rain clouds decided to have a conference in Cumbria that week. I did have an enjoyable time, despite the fact that I suffered from a terrible bout of catarrh and had to tote wads of tissue paper everywhere. I did have an enjoyable time, despite the fact that I got turned down from yet another another job interview the week before.

The Lake District is lovely - it is impossible to have a rotten time in the midst of all that beauty.

For anyone planning a self-catering holiday at the Lakes, I highly recommend Lowthwaite Cottage in St John's In the Vale - a cosy little place with two very comfortable double bedrooms, a stone fireplace and furnished with all the modern conveniences. You can book it online from Cumbrian Cottages.

This picture is taken in the cottage garden on a sunny Friday afternoon. You can't see from the picture, but I am observing some bumblebees are are busy bumbling in the rose-and-foxglove patch, and I am smiling, because I have just had a nice cup of tea and a chocolate cake.

There are chickens clucking in the yard - this means organic free range eggs for breakfast every morning, fresh from the hen. There is a calico cat lurking behind the dry stone wall, and a family of wrens nesting over the garage. In the distance, the sound of lambs bleating and young calves bellowing, and bells ringing from the church carillon.

And there is MDH, shouting at the TV, watching the World Cup.

5 Comments:

Blogger wahj said...

That's a great photo! Looks like all of summer in one image = )

11:22 am  
Blogger Tym said...

The last line's a real kicker ;)

Glad you had such a lovely vacation. Plus it all sounds very English.

11:35 am  
Blogger Simply Me said...

Hey, I just drop by to see how you are doing. Glad to see your new posts.

Seem like a really great vacation. Your descriptions make it seems really picturesque. Wish I can write like that.

11:20 am  
Blogger tscd said...

wahj: I think we had about one hour of proper sunshine that whole week. Photos are amazing things, aren't they?

tym: Heh. Wimbledon has started...it's a good thing I don't own a TV otherwise I'd be a sports TV widow.

simply me: Thanks.

7:01 pm  
Blogger 2010 Wedding Dresses said...

thanks for your sharing! great helpful!!!Thank you
Louboutin Shoes 
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Christian Louboutin Pumps 
louboutin
Christian Louboutin Boots 
Christian Louboutin Pumps
Christian Louboutin Heels 
Christian Louboutin Sandal
Pigalle Christian Louboutin 
christian louboutin studded bow
halter neck wedding dresses
louboutin pink bow studded heels
christian louboutin fur boots
loubitan studded bow peep
christian louboutin studded bow peep-toes
christian louboutin studded heels with bow
christian louboutin white shoes with bow
Wedding Dress Shops
vintage wedding dresses 
wedding dresses
cheap mobile phone
Wedding Dress Shops
Wedding Dresses 2011
Wedding Dress Shops
Off the Shoulder Wedding Dresses
bridal jackets
wedding jackets for the bride
loubitan studded bow peep
bridal jackets
wedding jackets for the bride
halter neck wedding dresses

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.