Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Directions

"So, straight on down this road, past the flamingoes, turn left after the rhinos. It's on the right, opposite the llamas. If you've reached the ape sanctuary, you've gone too far."

The fog lay thickly over the grounds, and I shivered in the cold as I trudged up the hill. I heard the gibbons crying out in the distance, and a pair of wallabies bounded towards the edge of their fence and studied my movements with curiosity, ears twitching. I caught a glimpse of the white rhino peering out from within the heated depths of his accomodation. The llamas turned their heads as I passed, chewing methodically, the hippos yawned in disdain, and over the tops of the trees in the distance, the heads of giraffes poked through the foliage.

The paediatric life support course is being held at a mansion in the middle of the local zoo. I arrived too late and missed the choo-choo train that shuttles from the main entrance to the mansion, so I had to walk there by myself - a good 20 minutes brisk walk, uphill.

I wouldn't mind having to walk through there every morning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how very lovely.

12:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creative course organisers! - D W

4:57 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

a.l.: I know. It was just so...different. An 'Alice in Wonderland' moment.

D.W.: Heh, and the food is good too.

4:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.