Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Soul food

I think sometimes MDH hopes that I have a stressful time at work, because he gets to reap the gastronomical benefits.

These meatballs were seasoned with cinnamon and oregano, and then mixed together with finely chopped onions, minced garlic and cheese whipped eggs.

I love making meatballs, because its like playing with plastacine, except that you can eat it afterwards. More rewarding, I think.

I decided to stuff each meatball with a little block of cheddar before coating it with a layer of brown breadcrumbs. The meatballs were quickly seared in a frying pan and then baked in the oven for about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, I got the pasta ready, and when the meatballs were done, I served them together, topped with a simple tomato and basil sauce.

MDH was quite happy with the results - he cut open his meatball and gasped in surprise as the melted cheese oozed out. And just watching the look of pleasure spread across his face really made my day.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that looks really good (:

One thing - what are cheese whipped eggs!

11:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anything with cheese is good. - D W

11:48 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

w: Oh, I whipped the eggs with a small of amount of finely grated cheese - gives it a little bit of texture.

D W: I'm a big fan of cheese, although I'm not gourmet enough to tolerate the blue veined type.

5:28 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great (: I shall try it out when I've got time.

5:27 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

w: I like adding cheese to eggs - you get the best scrambled eggs that way as well. MmmMmmm!

4:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.