Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

An afternoon at the beach (I)

So I'm working the 6pm to 2am shift, but it doesn't mean that I have to stay indoors all day! The beach is only a 40min drive away, and it's a warm afternoon.

MDH leaves the packing to me and he is always amazed at how much I can squeeze into a small cloth bag. I say that anyone can be Mary Poppins if they just know how to pack.

We have brought:
2 pairs of sunglasses
2 novels
1 Bible
1 notebook
1 wallet
1 small towel
1 packet of tissue paper
1 bottle of sunblock
1 tube of hand cream
1 tube of hand disinfectant
1 camera
1 hat
1 beach mat
1 large bottle of orange squash

And we're all set for the beach!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tym said...

Hope you had a lovely and relaxing afternoon! Did you get ices and other, er, Britishy snacks?

The beach is about a 40-min bus ride and walk away for us, but only a 10-min walk from work :) which is just splendid.

10:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bible? won't you feel sinful oogling at the hunks and babes carrying one to the beach? :D

11:06 pm  
Blogger wahj said...

"hunks and babes"? On an English beach? You're kidding, right? = )

Jokes aside, my memory of beaches in Old Blighty were of chilly water and uninspiring views, especially when you're used to tropical beaches here.

Anyway tscd, hope you and MDH had a good day out at the beach. I could use one of those myself ... except I hate the crowds at East Coast here. Oh to go back to Bali again and just lie there in the sun ...zpova

10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.