Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 21, 2005

Listen, I'm telling you a secret

Don't tell MDH, but I haven't actually eaten anything for the last three days.

Before anyone starts screaming 'Bad Doctor! Bad Doctor!' and throwing bowls of chicken soup and crusty bread rolls at me, I assure you that I have been drinking buckets of boiled water mixed with either lemon juice and honey or Lemsip (yay for MDH) to keep my fluid levels up. However, there is a limit to how much I can force down my own gullet.

I am simply not at all hungry, which is pretty unusual for me. I tried heating up a can of soup but it made me feel really nauseous when I started drinking it. Maybe it was the fact that I couldn't smell anything but the rancid odour of my own breath which put me off.

Even this photo of the beautiful pork and apple wrap that I was drooling over last week at lunch - so juicy, so sweet and tangy - fails to stimulate my appetite. I even surfed through all the food blogs - an activity that usually gets my stomach growling.

Rich, steaming hot chocolate? Nothing.

Tender cuts of roast chicken? Nope.

Fragrant, salty chwee kueh? Nada.

Chunky, hearty goulash? Zip.

I feel nothing! Aargh! I think I'm dead inside!

*staggers off to boil some more water*

5 Comments:

Blogger Tym said...

Sick is sick lah. You'll know you're better when the appetite resurfaces from wherever it's hiding out.

That pork and apple wrap is mighty droolsome! Must figure out how to make one...

11:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could say the same for me! Am eating up everything in sight!

Hang in there... once you recover, the appetite will come back!

1:17 pm  
Blogger wahj said...

OK, I am going to throw soup and crusty bread rolls at you. And I'm going to disagree with Tym and Mrs. Budak

Eat something already. And if you can't keep it down, try something else to eat, even if it has to be thin gruel or watered down soup.

I don't think acceptance along the lines of "I'm sure your appetite will come back when you get better" is wise, especially when lack of food might eventually become a contributing factor to your not getting better.

3:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Porridge.

Bad doctor.

6:37 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

jennifer: Thanks.

tym: I think it was sauteed pork slices with chunks of sweet apple mixed with mayonnaise, lettuce and red onions. It was wrapped in an avocado flavoured tortilla and then grilled.

mrs budak: I'm sure the appetite will return...with a vengence!

wahj and ray: Okay okay okay, in the end, I did go and make myself a very gruelly rice porridge mixed with egg and sipped that very slowly over the course of an evening. It took a great deal of effort, but I did it.

10:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.