Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hooray for the rainbow coloured snot

I think the title of this post speaks for itself.

I blame the sugar-coated fruit jellies.

*crawls back into bed*

(3 hours later)

I sent MDH on a mission last night to get more Lemsip and Panadol. He came back with all the lovely things to pamper the sick - cans of Baxter's soup, extra soft Kleenex, cartons of Tropicana orange juice and a big bottle of honey. But no Lemsip.

He had put it in the basket, given the basket to the bumbling new cashier who dropped everything on the floor underneath the counter. In the flurry of activity following and his desire to return to the ailing wife, he forgot the Lemsip. *sigh*

He got the Panadol - Panadol Extra to be exact, the 'extra' part being 500micrograms of caffiene. I had two of those and didn't sleep all night. Took away my headache though.

My poor darling husband. How he tries. You don't know whether to laugh or cry.

(1 day later)
As Fortycalibernap points out in the comments section, I got the dosage of caffiene wrong - it is 65 milligrams of caffiene in one tablet of Panadol Extra. See? I get the flu and suddenly I can't read the tiny print on the medicines bottles. This is why sick doctors don't go to work! We make mistakes!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do rest more and get well soon, tscd! :)

2:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the lemsip helps me not.

i spent the morning curled up in my bed hoping the evil germs would go away, emerging only to honk my nose.

3:51 am  
Blogger monk said...

micrograms?


'course, you're sick so we'll just be glad you're not a pharmacist :)

9:15 am  
Blogger wahj said...

I once took Panadol extra to relieve a fever, not knowing that the extra bit was caffeine, and I wondered why I was so awake and energetic despite the fever.

11:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

12:23 pm  
Blogger Tym said...

Ah, so that's the magic ingredient in Panadol extra. Just as well I stuck to the regular Panadol (which doesn't put me to sleep anyway).

Get well soon, doc! I hope you managed to get some Lemsip too.

10:16 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

julia, mrs budak and tym: thanks!

j: Poor baby. I feel your pain.

wahj: hahaha. Did you go to work?

8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.