Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 17, 2005

Relief at the end of a night

I was very glad when the sun rose this morning and I could head back home for a warm shower and a soft bed.

It's been a long, long night. I think I must have eaten about fifteen sugar-coated fruit jellies in 10 hours, washed down with half a cup of lukewarm tea.

After about 6 hours, the sugar and food colouring really started to kick in, and everything was suddenly incredibly hilarious. I walked around with a maniacal grin on my face, speedtalking at my patients, who took one look at the ghastly pallor of my skin, bloodshot panda eyes, and decided that yes, it was time to cooperate, or the scary doctor-zombie might get me.

*cackles*

Goodnight.

4 Comments:

Anonymous w. said...

Haha! Maybe you should just do the scary-zombie-doctor act throughout your night shift so as to scare the uncooperative patients into cooperation. :D

10:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so funny! I go on take again this Saturday, maybe I'll try drinking gallons of Robinsons this time myself. :) And what are these mystical sugar-coated fruit jellies you speak of? - reitsch

1:27 am  
Blogger tscd said...

w: It only works on the drunk teenagers and the middle aged men. The old ladies screamed at me to go away all night.

reitsch: What? Don't you get fruit pastilles for 50p a bag? You know, the ones that say '5% real fruit juice' on the packet so you know the other 95% is e-numbers e-numbers galore whoopee!

8:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh those! But they're titchy!! I would've eaten many more than a mere fifteen in ten hours... mo' power to you.

Get well soon! Or not. Sometimes I think a sickie break from work is well deserved. - reitsch

3:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.