Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Brrr, it's cold out here

It's 15 degrees outside.

I'm chilled to the bone, shivering my way into the house.

I turn on the hot water tap in the shower and listen as the boiler splutters and splutters again and then, with a wheeze and a clunk, goes silent.

There's nothing worse than frigid water beating down on aching muscles.

*cries*

(two hours later) And now my usual hot water bottle (MDH, that is) has gone off to work - he's doing a week's worth of night shifts.

There's nothing worse than a cold bed.

*cries*

Update (2 days later):

In other thoughts, I've just realised that the drastic drop in temperatures on the 8th of October were probably secondary to the terrible earthquake in Pakistan. A thousand lives have been lost, and there I am complaining about cold water like a little frog in a well.

*cries*

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that sucks! i would hate that feeling of being cold and alone...but at least it's only temporary

had been thinking about emigration to the uk, but the cold...the paralysing cold....burrrr

7:29 am  
Blogger Tym said...

Aw ... is the boiler busted or does it just act up every now and then?

I hope you managed to get warm and stay warm, despite all that! Unlike MQube, I don't mind the cold, but I also assume that the heating technology in the place will be able to keep it out.

11:34 am  
Blogger tscd said...

mqube: I guess it depends on which part of England you're at. It's not so bad on the south coast - I was just stupid and forgot to bring a fleece to work.

tym: It's the moody type. I shouldn't have cursed at it when I got home. Probably hurt its feelings. I sweet-talked it today and it worked like a dream.

budak: I know! I once lived in a dorm where the boilers all died. We boiled pans of water and sat around them to study. Pathetic, isn't it?!

4:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.