Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

5 minutes alone with...

...markers.
Just in case you're wondering, I didn't freak out over his attempt to draw tiger stripes on his face.  Stardust actually went to a party where they had face painting and he was trying to recreate the event.  I took him to the mirror and showed him that if the ink doesn't come off then it will stain his face for a long time because marker pen ink is not always washable like face paint.  Then I gave him a wet towel so that he could wipe it off himself.  He was able to wipe it mostly clean, but he was not so successful with the stripes on his legs.
Oh well.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Hamster said...

He has beautiful earnest looking eyes. :)

10:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely eyelashes.

12:49 am  
Blogger tscd said...

Anon and Hamster: Thanks! I reckon if I dyed his hair blue, he'd look like an anime character.

1:31 pm  
Blogger Crystal Farish said...

I have to tell you three things that are prompted by the comment you left on my giveaway blog.

1. My husband speaks Mandarin -- so cool that you are giving it a go!

2. My son is dying to travel to Singapore. I'm not kidding. He spends hours and hours reading about it on the internet and keeps trying to talk us into moving there. He will be thrilled to know that I have left a comment here.

3. I have a picture of my daughter that reminds me so much of the photo in this post of your son. She found a marker in the back seat of the car and when we were driving home from church, she scribbled all over herself. Took a while to get it off, but it was a funny moment to be sure.

x0

Crystal B

5:23 am  
Blogger tscd said...

crystal b:
1. Wow! That's so cool that your husband can speak mandarin. Did he teach himself or learn it in school? 2. Why does your son want to come here so much? We are a very small country and not nearly as interesting as some of the other southeast asian countries.
3. I'm so glad that Stardust wasn't supposed to appear at a photo-taking function. this happened to a friend of mine - she couldn't get the marks off and her son was supposed to be a ringbearer that very afternoon. I don't think the bride was very amused.

9:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.