Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 31, 2010

Sold!

As you can tell from the image, MDH and I decided to join the cult of Apple with the purchase of our sexy new assistant, the iMac.

Her name is Celeste.  She is named after a character in a book that MDH and I are fighting over.

*pause to gaze adoringly at 21.5 inch screen* (Why, hello there, Beautiful.)

I must say that now that I actually own an iMac, I understand what all the hype is about.

First of all, the setup was so easy.  I didn't spend an hour arguing with myself and doing the ju-jitsu on the floor with a nest of wires.  All I had to do was plug the monitor into the wall, flip the switch and...IT LIVES!  Did I resist the urge to rub my hands together and cackle with glee?  No, I did not!  Woohoohoo!  It was absolutely glorious!!  It's like Frankenstein but without the nuts and bolts.

Secondly, it is rather nice to have some leg room underneath the desk.  I am so tired of bumping my shins against the CPU.

Thirdly, it is really energy efficient (compared to my previous computer, that is).  I am wholly expecting my power bill to drop this month.  I like the fact that the iMac came in packaging that could be recycled, and that the company works hard to reduce its carbon footprint as much as possible.

And if I never have to see the blue screen of death again, I should be so, SO happy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.