Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Meh!!

It is 3am. An elderly lady is admitted.

TSCD: Hello. Why are you in hospital?
Elderly Lady: I don't know. Am I in hospital?
TSCD: Yes, you are in hospital. Do you have any pain?
Elderly Lady: No.
TSCD: Do you feel sick?
Elderly Lady: No.
TSCD: Do you feel well?
Elderly Lady: No.
TSCD: What is making you feel unwell?
Elderly Lady: I don't like to be in this room.

(pause as TSCD weeps silently.)

TSCD: Who looks after you at home?
Elderly Lady: Josh is my carer.
TSCD: Where is Josh?
Elderly Lady: I don't know. Why am I here? I don't like to be in this room.

(long pause as TSCD weeps silently.)

Elderly Lady: Maybe he is at home, because he lives at my house.
TSCD: Okay.

(TSCD calls Josh at home.)

TSCD: Hello, is that Josh?
Josh: Yes.
TSCD: I am the doctor. Are you the carer of Elderly Lady?
Josh: Yes.
TSCD: Can you tell me why she is in hospital?
Josh: Yes....

(silence.)

TSCD: Josh, could you tell me why she is in hospital?
Josh: She isn't well....

(silence.)

TSCD: What is wrong with her?
Josh: Well, normally she is brown but today she is grey.
TSCD: When did she go grey?
Josh: Today.
TSCD: I mean, what time did she go grey?
Josh: The whole time.
TSCD: I mean, what happened to her? Was she in pain?
Josh: Dunno. She was grey when she should be brown. So I called the ambulance.

(pause as TSCD weeps silently.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Surgeon In My Dreams said...

Bless your heart!

9:53 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

surgeon: *crazed giggling*

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.