Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Not too far from home


Singapore in where?!, originally uploaded by Sunshine follows me.

So we drove several hours to a remote part of Germany, to stay in a little self-catering apartment way up in the mountains.

As we approached our destination - a small village nestled into the mountainside - we passed a wooden signboard that appeared to point to...Singapore?! What the...?

To top it all off, a bus unloaded a crowd of tourists as I was checking in at the reception. And what do I hear amidst the din of French and German?

"You know har, dis is my fus time to Cher-many! Yah, reallieee!!"

I guess I'm never too far away from home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how true!! when i travel, i pick the most desolute places. i'd be absolutely, absolutely crushed if i still hear the 'wah lau sooo expensive ah' or 'this one very nice. you think leh?' ;P

3:18 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

clarisr: Well, I reckon I could ride a camel a thousand miles into the Sahara desert, throw a stone off a remote sand dune and still hit a Singaporean. And she'll be carrying an umbrella, wearing a cardigan and D&G sunglasses, and bargaining for red dates with a nomadic chieftain("Hiyah! You, ah! Cheat money one!").

jadeite: Yeah, it's hilarious how one tiny country can have representatives in the most far-flung places. I'm sure it's all part of some Grand Scheme where Singaporeans rule the world. AUNTY-POWER!!!! At least, that's what I tell MDH. Heh heh heh.

11:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.