Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, April 21, 2006

Reset

So, as you have probably gathered from my previous posts, MDH and I are going on vacation. To Germany! Hooray!

This vacation could not have come at a better time. I am really starting to feel the strain from all this fruitless job hunting, the eternal influx of thankless patients, the long, long, oh so long, erratic working hours and the tiresome (and possibly futile) exam revision.

I thought I was dealing with the pressure rather well, but then the nightmares began. A couple nights of unrefreshing sleep and I've been reduced to a slavering, growling, tetchy beast.

The last few weeks have been particularly bad for me. I seem to have misplaced my joy of working somewhere around the end of March. I am entertaining visions of early retirement from fulltime medical service. I want to say "Sod it with the lot of you I'm outta here", and then storm off down the corridor, white coat streaming behind me, throwing my pentorch and tongue depressors on the floor (or maybe at the head of the nearest manager). My thoughts are all in bold and in italics and LARGE CAPS and they are started to spill out of my head through my eyes in great wet rivers.

So I say again, this vacation could not have come at a better time. I need some fresh air, some time away from the smell of antiseptic, somewhere to clear my head so that I can get myself organised.

I need a reset button for my brain.

3 Comments:

Blogger wahj said...

Reset button? Sounds like a ctrl+alt+del. = )

Anyway, have a great holiday! Post pics of Germany, ja? = )

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i came across your blog some time ago, just want to wish you the best of holidays!

You'll feel very much better when you return, i'm sure! =D

4:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have a good one!

11:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.