Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 22, 2005

Serves us right!

Two days after I made an observation about the recent epidemic of influenza, both MDH and I have been struck down with the said virus. Poetic justice, eh.

We've called in sick and are both dosing ourselves with copious amounts of Lemsip (a combined solution of paracetamol and decongestant - tastes bad by the way) and Ribena. MDH is alot more ill than I am. Presently, he is sweating and shivering underneath our duvet, muttering to himself about bats and potatoes and something called 'poo-mouth'.

That's the problem with working in a hospital. We spend so much time in close contact with all sort of disease...so when we get sick ourselves, we get really really sick.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This isn't what I usually say to a doctor, but please rest and get well soon! :)

2:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i always wondered what doctors do when they are sick!!
-budak-

12:15 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

julia: thanks! Maybe you can make chicken soup for me...I'm sure that'll do the trick.

jadeite: I use the dissolvable type - cos then I can gargle it as well. If I had vicks here, I'd use that too.

budak: Yeah, we kind of roll around feeling very sorry for ourselves. Doctors make for very bad patients.

6:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.