Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Anniversary surprise #3


Canapes
Originally uploaded by
Sunshine follows me.
I'm peacocking in front of the mirror with my new necklace, when MDH eyes me critically and says, "I think you need to change your clothes."

I look at him quizzically. What's wrong with my jeans and blouse?
"Not where we're going. You'll need to dress up posh."

I am genuinely shocked. Posh? The poshest dinner we've ever had together was at our own wedding. We're a fish-and-chips, burger-and-fries, pasta-and-water type couple. We've never been to a restaurant where we get more than one set of cutlery and drinking glasses.

So I dig out a dress from the back of my wardrobe and off we go.

John has decided to take me to the
poshest restaurant in town.

Wow.

"Just this once, because it's our very first anniversary."

I totally agree. I reckon we should be allowed to be extravagant, just this once.

"And I want to totally spoil you."

Oh yes, I totally agree.



Watermelon sorbet
Originally uploaded by
Sunshine follows me.
It's a cool evening and there's a pleasant smell of wisteria in the air. We decide to dine on the terrace out back. There's nothing like dining al fresco when the air isn't thick with humidity.

We order a main course and a dessert each, but the chef keeps sending extra items to our table with his compliments.
A generous, thoughtful man.

Our eyes widen everytime we take a bite. Our senses are overwhelmed. The taste of the food is beyond description. Our conversation dwindles as we savour our meal.

The portions look small but for some reason we were full to bursting at the end of dinner. We stagger back to the car, sated.

When we got home, we sat on the couch, sipping water and watching our wedding video.

And for a moment, the whole world seemed to revolve around us.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tym said...

Happy anniversary! Everything sounds (and looks) beautiful. I'm impressed that you had the presence of mind to take such lovely photos of the food!

6:31 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

tym: Thank you! I'm glad you liked the photos of the food - it looked so good, I just had to take pictures (much to the amusement of the waiters!).

11:43 pm  
Blogger wahj said...

Yes, it always feels wierd to be taking photos of dishes before eating - makes me feel like some wierd psycho, taking photos of victims before consumption!=)

And you're always wondering if the waiters are either thinking you are sua-ku, or a food critic doing a very poor job of being discreet ...

Anyway, happy anniversary as well!

12:01 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

wahj: Yes, one has to be very thick-skinned!

4:38 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

jadeite: thanks! You can follow the links on the page to get to the restaurant website. The site is as posh as the restaurant.

4:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.