Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Anniversary surprise #2

"Shut your eyes," says he.

I squeeze my eyes tightly shut. "Where did you hide it?" There wasn't a nook and cranny in the house that I didn't search, trying to find out where he'd hidden my anniversary gift.

I thought about what I'd bought for him - a slim new leather wallet, dark brown with a slightly roughened surface for that rugged look. Lots of room inside for plenty of cards and receipts and the other junk that he likes to squirrel away.

"I put it inside one of the videoboxes on the top shelf. Too high for you to reach, and I knew you'd never touch 'Starship Troopers' with a barge pole."

Darn! Didn't even think of looking there!

He slips something cool around my neck, and I hear him whistling through his teeth as he tries to get the clasp together.

"Open your eyes"


Spoilt rotten
Originally uploaded by
Sunshine follows me.

It's beautiful.

"Do you like it? I thought it would suit you"

I answered him with a big hug and a kiss. "I always knew you had good taste."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.