Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2005

Summertime

and the living is NOT easy.

What is going on here?! This is the UK for goodness sakes, not Singapore. It's 27 degrees Celsius in the shade and I'm actually sweating. SWEATING!!!

One of the things I love about the UK is that I hardly ever sweat, not even when I'm chugging uphill attempting a one-sixteenth marathon.

This is getting ridiculous. One minute it's
frigidly cold and I'm huddled up under my mac and umbrella like a little mouse, the next it's absolutely sweltering and nary a cloud in the sky.

Summer has only just begun - a late summer, really; it's been so cold up until the last few days. I have a feeling all this climactic disorder can be traced back to the terrible December earthquakes. I distinctly remember that after each of the earthquakes and the tsunami, the temperature out here plummeted and it was freezing. (Meanwhile, Singapore suffered from drought and bushfires.) It got so bad that I spent many a frosty day thinking 'it's far too cold here. I wish I was in Singapore'.

Now it is absolutely sweltering out here. The worst thing is, there's
no air-con anywhere. And so, oddly enough, I'm thinking along the lines of 'it's far too hot here. I wish I was in Singapore'.

In my desperation, I have folded a paper fan which has brought me little relief.

I must be going mad.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The weather is one reason I'm so reluctant to take the first step of applying for a work permit to the UK.

Reading this doesn't make it easier to make the decision!

8:59 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

It's not as bad as I make it out to be, really!

2:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.