Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One man's treasure...

I have been keeping a sharp eye on Singapore Craigslist over the last 2 months and I must say that there are loads of cool things popping up on there now and again!

MDH encourages me to get secondhand furniture - not only am I likely to get a good bargain, but I'm doing my part for the planet and keeping stuff out of landfills.

My mother, however, complains that our new flat is going to become a karang guni dumping ground. Whatever. She says 'mismatched', I say 'eclectic'. Po-tah-to.


(Pictured are 2nd hand treasures from Craigslist and elsewhere. Clockwise from left: L'hotel du Canal St Martin clock, Colonial french-style dressing table, Japanese wood-and-paper lamp, Retro Typhoon kitchen roll holder, Antique chinese wedding cabinet, Cast iron hurricane lamp, Hummel(?) figurine, Rosewood dining chair.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dragonfly said...

I say eclectic. A house with personality, yay!

7:41 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

Dragonfly: Thank you! Some of my friends have asked me what kind of furnishing style I will be using. I don't really know - I just like what I like.

10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.