Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Tippytoes

I've been pruning my shoe cupboard this week and I've sent some mouldy relics to the compost heap.

My shoe collection now consists of the following:
1. Silver and green Nike trainers - 4 years old
2. Brown and gold Nike sneakers - 4 years old
3. Khaki leather Converse sneakers - 5 years old
4. Navy canvas Converse sneakers - 5 years old
5. Green leather moccassins - 2 years old
6. Black leather flats - 2 years old
7. Red Crocs sandals - 2 years old
8. Pink and gold Havaianas flip-flops - 6 months old
9. Black leather Salvatore Ferragamo ankle boots - 8 years old (and in storage - it's too hot to wear boots here!)

Last week, I attended a wedding and had nothing pretty to wear with my dress. In the end, I wore black leather flats which changed my outfit from 'chic' to 'smart casual'. It was...very sad. Somebody even asked me which secondary school I was attending.

As you can see from my list of available footwear, I've been wearing comfort shoes everywhere. This started during my pregnancy and it has become a habit. And I am thoroughly sick of treating myself like an aging crone. At this rate, I'll soon be complaining of bunions and wearing nude coloured Scholl sandals as I shuffle my way to the market.

I need to get some new heels. Maybe a pair of summery wedges? Or something naughty with a 2 inch stiletto? Strappy sandals that can be both dressy and casual? Sweet little Mary Janes that are quirky and cute?

I'm not sure where to start looking.

5 Comments:

Blogger jenĀ© said...

Not sure if this is helpful but Nine West has got lovely heels both casual and flats... if you'd rather not spend too much, you might wanna check out Charles & Keith :)

jen

5:43 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

jen: Thanks for that! There are just so many shops here, I dont' know where to start!

10:00 am  
Anonymous sj said...

Yup, Charles & Keith is good for variety but do not expect the shoes to last too long.

It is a good time to go shopping now. GSS!

2:03 am  
Blogger jadeite said...

Am desperately in love with C&K these days after they rejuvenated their designers. And if you are in for the thrift factor, head to Anchorpoint opposite Alexandra Ikea for the outlet store. Cheapness!

And they last longer than you think they will, as long as you walk properly and not constantly mash the heels into drain covers and fields...

2:22 am  
Blogger tscd said...

sj, jadeite: I've heard mixed reviews about Charles & Keith. I don't like my feet and I'm clumsy. So...I need quality. Where do you girls get your quality shoes?

11:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.