Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Walking fun

Since Stardust started walking, I like to take him to random locations to let him practice his new skill in a variety of environments. It is such fun for me to watch him explore his surroundings and see how he reacts to new stimuli.

Last month, I noticed that the Vivocity shopping mall sported huge shaded balconies overlooking the harbourfront and I thought that would be a great place to wander around in the afternoon.

Stardust had great fun stomping up and down on the wooden decks, looking for loose boards or squeaky joins and talking to himself in baby-gibberish.
It was quiet and breezy, and I allowed him all the space he wanted to run about in. All I had to do was make sure he did not play with the balcony grills which were spaced just wide enough for him to squeeze through.
Of course, he was allowed to hold onto the grills and look out over the harbour, or watch people strolling on the promenade below. There was so much to see - fountains where streams of water spiralled endlessly, tops of trees where birds perched on the highest branches, the ferry to Sentosa Island paddling steadily across the water, the cable cars glinting and swinging like beads on a string.
After a while, he ran towards me and put his head on my shoulder.
It was time to take a very tired little boy home.

2 Comments:

Blogger jadeite said...

dear doctor tscd, i was just wondering - some people mentioned that they've heard of people becoming infertile or having lots of difficulty conceiving when they were finally ready to have kids after being on the pill for 3, 4 years.

i don't intend to have kids until maybe 2 or 3 years from now, so i'm just worried - is it true? :(

11:00 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

jadeite: I don't want to reply you on my blog and I don't have your email. Email me? You should be able to pull up my email from the comments I've left on your site.

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.