Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

In my head, they are fighting

Please stop nagging me to go back to work so that you can justify your own life's choices. If you feel that the person that I am now is not a fitting result of your life's work, well, then there is just no pleasing you.

Please stop nagging me into going back to work by making me feel guilty about the sacrifices that you made. It's not going to work - I'm making the same sacrifices now for my own child.

Please stop nagging me into going back to work. I will not allow you to martyr yourself on my behalf - you can barely manage to babysit for an evening without grousing. Besides, as you have so rightly pointed out, you've made quite alot of sacrifices as it is.

Please stop nagging me into going back to work. No amount of nagging will change a decision that I have been praying about for more than 10 years. Yes, more than 10 years. Yes, there are some 18 year olds who do know what they want in life. I am achieving my goals, I am.

No, I am not saying that I will never work as a doctor again. I am just saying that I am not going to work as a doctor now. Stop asking me when I will go back to work. I'll tell you when it is the time.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm very busy now treating Stardust's nappy rash.

4 Comments:

Blogger aliendoc said...

Add one more:
"Please stop nagging me to go back to work by saying that all that education I've had has gone to waste. No it has not. I've saved my share of patients. I've treated hundreds, if not thousands of patients in my years of practice. I don't consider that a waste."

7:47 am  
Anonymous Hamster said...

Hugs. At least you've got a hamster's family on your side.

1:42 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

aliendoc: Absolutely!!!!!!!

Hamster: Thanks. The problem is that my family thinks that they are on my side and have my best interests at heart which I do not doubt in the slightest. I just wish they'd back off every now and again so that I can have some room.

10:56 am  
Blogger Dragonfly said...

People do this, as you said to justify their own choices. Just cause you know that though doesn't make it easier. Good luck.

6:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.