Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Scissorhands

Stardust has a lovely head of hair - silky, curling hair. When he was born, it was thick and black, but it slowly faded to a fine fawn-gold which shines bright bronze in the sun.

It's grown long and longer and if I let it grow out any more, it'll form cute little ringlets. At first I thought he would be more like Little Lord Fauntleroy, but now I think he will appear much more like Shirley Temple. I am quite tired of stupid people asking me why I like to dress my daughter up in blue dungarees.

So, I got out the scissors, read a few websites on how to cut toddler's hair, and got to work.

He sat ever so still on MDH's lap holding a book when I started to dampen his hair with a wet comb. He was fine with me trimming the hair on his crown and round the back of his head, but when I started on the sideburns, the 'snip' sound of the scissors near his ear was just too much for him to bear.

Wiggle and squirm, wiggle and squirm.

(Carefully) Sniiiiip.

Wiggle and squirm, wiggle and squirm, attempt to grab blades of scissors. Irritated squeal.

(Even more carefully) Sniiiiip.

"Hurry up!", hisses MDH, unsuccessfully trying to pin him arms down.

Snip, snip, sniiiiip.

Done.

For some reason, this new hairdo makes Stardust look less like a wee baby and more like a little boy.

I feel a little bit sad.

4 Comments:

Blogger ~ Erica ~ said...

Those moments of sadness are just the beginings! My son leaves for the Navy in a couple of months. I remember working very hard on his Pumpkin costume for Halloween when he was two. He looked adorable. Now he will wear a uniform I can be proud of but will cry constantly!!!! The time goes by so fast....

8:33 pm  
Blogger K K said...

no!!!!! I liked his hair!!!!

10:44 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

Erica: I know! And it's only been a little over a year. I cannot imagine how you must feel.

K K: It was just a little trim! He's not bald or anything!

9:27 am  
Anonymous simplyjen said...

They always grow up too fast, don't they?

2:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.