Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Plans accomplished

Earlier this week, I published a list of plans and I am happy to report that I am making some headway.

1. I have had a haircut.

Oh yes, I went to the hairdresser's and I told them to cutcutcutcutcut off my hair and send it on its way. The hairdresser very obligingly complied with my request, although he did talk me out of a drastic pixie crop. Hence, I am now sporting what I believe to be a concave bob.

Stardust was with me at the time and was most bemused to see my black locks falling away. He pointed at the pile of hair on the floor (which resembled a rather tired and disgruntled yorkshire terrier) then at my head and signed 'all gone' over and over again. He also waved goodbye to it as we left.

2. I am starting to revamp my wardrobe.












Oh, the wonders of online shopping! Singapore's own big name retailers do not have online stores, which is something I find rather surprising in this country that relies so much on technology and the internet.

There are, however, tiny little webshops spun by local stylistas who scour the world and bring back fashion beauties to share with the rest of us.

I found Little Red Heels by accident whilst trawling local fashion blogs, and was totally blown away by the pretty, pretty clothes. Zi & Min, the brains behind the concept, are lovely girls and a pleasure to deal with, providing a very efficient and personalised service. I was surprised and delighted to see my order arrive at my doorstep in just a few days.

It's obvious that they have a good eye for quality and value - the zebra print chiffon blouse that I bought from them is very well-made and only set me back a mere $25. I could not resist purchasing this really fun navy playsuit in cotton with a lace trim as well. I was coveting a few other pieces featured on their site but after some deliberation, I decided to pace myself - it will not do to be too greedy!

4 Comments:

Blogger jadeite said...

Oh no you didn't. You can't have.

You did.

You just gave me another excuse to shop online!

Thanks for the link! Such pretty dresses!

7:12 pm  
Blogger Tym said...

Call me old school, but I still like trying on clothes before I buy them.

I sometimes think there's less online shopping in Singapore (as opposed to ordering from Amazon, etc.) because Singapore is small enough that you can walk around and, er, buy a lotta stuff quite easily!

11:47 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

jadeite: They are pretty, aren't they?

Tym: Yes, I do prefer trying on my clothes first, which is why online clothes shopping is a new (and pleasing) experience for me.

I used to love browsing the stores in the UK, but I abhor shopping here in Singapore - it's just SO crowded, the sales people are often unhelpful and there are queues everywhere. Puts me off.

I recently went to The Gap at Vivocity (to see if I could get new jeans and chinos) and can you believe it - they don't stock the petite sizes in Singapore. What sort of 6 ft giantesses are we spawning in Singapore, eh?! EH?!

3:50 pm  
Blogger jadeite said...

I still like trying my clothes on, but...believe it or not, i have no time (or the inclination to take public transport to town after work because i'm lazy, my office is 10 mins from my house, and my fiance drives me around, heh heh) so online shopping will have to do.

And I find I get more unique clothes at lower prices, too; in my last few ventures out, I haven't seen anything that can rival online stores for price. I'm a cheap little mickey.

7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.