Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

The sunshine of your smile

During those early days, I was fraught with guilt over my indifference...but that was before I knew that the strength of my anxiety for your well-being was a measure of the depth of love I felt for you.
Weeks later, you looked me in the eye and smiled. When I saw your big gummy grin blooming on your face, when your little dimple made its first lopsided appearance, I recognised you, finally. A flash of memory briefly flickered in my mind, and I remembered that I had seen your sunflower smile many, many times in wispy cobweb dreams that I rubbed out of my eyes in the morning.
I have known you and loved you for a very long time. I have walked a long way to see the sunshine of your smile.
And now, you are here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.