Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Home

I'm a city girl born and raised. I have grown up in the shelter of tall buildings and in the bustle of crowded marketplaces.

For me, the emptiness and silence of the wide open sky over endless green fields has never been a welcome experience. In such a place, my eyes continually scan the horizon, looking for houses, cars, any sign of humanity. And I am listening for a sound, a laugh, a cough - anything that will tell me that people are nearby.

And today, I am sitting by the side of a mountain stream with my small one tugging on blades of dry grass, I am listening and I hear a voice calling to me in the hunting cry of the eagle and in the whisper of the water as it ripples over the pebbles, and it sounds like home. How is that possible? How can that be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.