Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Writer's block

My fingers are on the keyboard and they will not move. I have been looking at the screen for nearly an hour, watching the cursor blinking. My eyes are blinking too and my brain appears to be on the blink, as I attempt to construct a sentence.

I must hurry. Stardust is napping and I can hear his rhythmic breathing, but he might wake up soon. I peer nervously into his cot. His little eyes are buttoned up tight to shut out the world, silky brown lashes fluttering ever so slightly as he dreams. He smiles in his sleep and a tiny dimple appears in one cheek. I put my finger in his palm and his hand curls up around it and I remember what I am to do.

"Dear Sir,
I am writing to inform you of my decision to resign..."

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very brave move. If it's to take care of Stardust, then I would be the first to congratulate you and shake your hand.

3:27 pm  
Blogger aliendoc said...

from personal experience, I know the struggle you went through (& will continue to go through) in making the decision. And let me warn you, you will face many naysayers & discouraging remarks going forward....just hang in there! It's YOUR decision & YOUR (& Stardust's) life!

10:45 pm  
Blogger Zak said...

I think to be there and watch Stardust grow is an experience that no amount of anything can justify missing it. Head up you brave one.

12:41 am  
Blogger tscd said...

hamster & Zak: Thanks. :) Stay at home mums are much underrated nowadays.

aliendoc: Oh, the horses started making noises LONG before I confirmed my decision. So...I'm pretty much used to it.

3:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife's a stay home mum :) We started out getting a lot of flak but now we get more support than criticism. :) It's going to be fun and challenging - often within minutes of each other!!

10:28 am  
Blogger jadeite said...

Always wanted to be a stay-at-home mum because my own mother did that for us - and we think it pretty much worked to produce decent children :D only hope that my hubby and I can earn enough next time for that to be viable...

10:24 am  
Blogger tscd said...

hamster: I cannot wait for the flak to stop.

jadeite: it's hard to survive in S'pore in a one income family (especially in our case, as we are CPF-less at the moment) - so we are prepared for a struggle.

11:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.