Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, January 20, 2006

It's all good four some.

(Updated to include the completed meme links)

So, I got team-tagged by Tym and Trisha. There's a lull in the department (as often happens on a night shift) and the only patient I'm looking after tonight is an elderly lady with a nosebleed. As I type this post, she is sitting across from me obediently pinching her nose, leaning forward and holding ice up to her nose bridge.

4 jobs you've had in your life:
A&E doctor - always coughing
Data entry clerk - eye strain
Librarian - perpetual sneezing
Research assistant - hand cramps

4 movies you could watch over and over:
The Fifth Element (It's totally green)
50 First Dates (Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler - who can resist?)
Rush Hour ("What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!")
Moulin Rouge (Ewan McGregor has a beautiful voice)

4 TV shows you love(d) to watch:
Friends (Phoebe was my favourite)
Smallville (Superman rocks!)
Taiho Shichauzo ("You're Under Arrest" - the anime that got me hooked on Japanimation)
Oshin (I started watching it one weekend when I was ill and couldn't stop)

4 places you've lived:
Singapore
London
Maryland
Kent

4 places you've been on vacation to:
Bali (the number one honeymoon destination!)
Langkawi
Orlando
Sydney

4 places you would rather be:
At home - snug in my bed
Phuket - on a massage table
Florence - in a cafe
Cambridge - on a punt

4 of your favourite foods:
Hokkien mee with small prawns and pork ribs
Spaghetti bolognese with parmesan cheese
Grilled pork loin with pineapple rings
Dark chocolate gelato

4 websites you visit daily:
Yahoomail - addicted to email
BBC - I don't have TV so I got to keep up with the news somehow
Jadeite - Because she has a good heart
Intueri: To contemplate - So that I remember to think about patients as people

Okay, my elderly lady's hand was getting tired, so the nurses fashioned a makeshift peg out of tongue depressors and surgical tape. It is clipped over her nose, and now she has fallen asleep. In a minute I will have to go and wake her up and send her home, but in the meantime...

4 tagged:
Jadeite
ampulets
Thirty Pounces
Stellou

4 Comments:

Blogger Tym said...

Our story about 50 First Dates is that Terz, Packrat, Ondine and I saw it on our transpacific flight to Vancouver a couple of years ago, after which we all had that Beach Boys song "Wouldn't It Be Nice" in our heads for the rest of our vacation. And even now, every time we hear "50 First Dates", our minds automatically switch on that song.

Did you start watching Oshin in Singapore in the 1980s? I never got into it (blame it on my aversion to all things Chinese then), though I remember everyone in school talking about it.

12:14 pm  
Blogger ampulets said...

oh, brazilian soaps! i remember those...and how no one thought it odd seeing these caucasian folks speak mandarin. there's one i absolutely dislike, but every TV would be tuned to it - some slave girl story. a brazilian oshin, but with the white-male-oppression thing thrown in and minus the cuteness of Oshin's lead actress.

1:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you kindly for the link; I appreciate it (and am quite humbled, too!). :)

Ewan McGregor not only has a beautiful voice, but he is also deliciously gorgeous! ;)

1:36 am  
Blogger tscd said...

tym: No, I watched Oshin when there were daily re-runs in the 1994. It was dubbed in English then. I liked the little rosy-cheeked girl. I watched it with my mum. Later on that year, I visited Egypt and the locals screamed 'Oshin! Oshin!' at us to get our attention because they thought we were Japanese tourists.

That beach boy song is very good for singing loudly in the car with the window rolled down.

jadeite: You're welcome. :)

trisha: Really? I think I had the opposite reaction to Oshin - I was impressed that she wasn't the usual weeping pathetic martyr...she was always trying to make the best of a bad situation, but she also knew when to stop trying and just leave.

ampulets: Wow, what are these brazilian soap operas? Were they dubbed into English?

I only remember watching those 6pm chinese period dramas in the 80s. There was one about a coffeeshop, and one about a corridor, and one about a woman and her blind daughter.

Maria: Yeah and he rides a motorbike and has a scottish accent, which makes him all round dangerously yummy.

3:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.