Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 12, 2005

Different needs

scenario 1:

It's been a bad day at work. I haven't had a break or eaten lunch or drunk any water all day. I come home, feeling utterly spent, and there's a wonderful smell of sizzling butter-fried mushrooms and grilled sirloin steak. MDH gives me a big hug and pours me a cold glass of orange juice. I have a shower, and then we eat dinner. MDH massages my feet with oil, talking to me all the time. I feel smothered with affection and attention. MDH cuddles me all evening. This is how he loves me.

scenario 2:

It's been a long evening. The dinner I've made has long grown cold. I'm checking my email. MDH trudges in, looking grumpy - he's had to do some overtime at work and traffic was bad on the way home. I smile at him, give him a big hug and then heat up the dinner. MDH wolfs dinner down whilst reading a few chapters of his book. He has a quick shower, then lounges on the sofa for the rest of the evening hooked to the Playstation. I let him alone - he needs space to unwind by himself. The evening goes by in a comfortable silence. This is how I love him.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

indeed. for those with the y chromosome, the playstation cures all.

6:56 pm  
Blogger wahj said...

well said j.

PS 2: the saviour of marriages. = )

(I game with my buddies on Friday evenings, and my wife has always been understanding and supportive)

7:55 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

j: I think MDH's latest favourite is 'Prince of Persia'. It's pretty cool.

wahj: Your wife is obviously a lovely and indulgent lady. You should buy her more chocolates.

jadeite: I'm not a big fan of romantic novels but I used to love watching those Saturday afternoon tearful 'Plum Blossom Brand' Taiwanese serials - I thought it was amazing how the actresses seemed to cry continuously.

7:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.