Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Initiated!

I was standing at the nursing station, coding my notes and chatting to one of the senior nurses.

Senior nurses in A&E are almost always the ones wearing the most number of decorative pins on their uniforms. The one I was talking to was no exception - she had 4 intricately patterned nursing qualification pins, 2 colourful name badges, and 4 or 5 cartoony pins 'for the kids'.

She must have noticed me admiring her shiny collection, because she took one of the badges off and pinned it to my scrubs. "Keep it," she said, "I've been looking for someone to give it to for ages."

A&E badge
Originally uploaded by
Sunshine follows me.


It's a rather tacky looking thing, nothing which I would have chosen myself - a dishevelled looking rabbit wearing a green singlet with 'A/E' emblazoned on it. But I feel as though she's given me a medal.

You see, this means that the nurses and I actually share a good working relationship, and I'm now considered a part of the team.

Excellent.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm sure you are a hardworking and caring doctor, to have earned the respect of the nurses.

5:14 am  
Blogger Packrat said...

It's a cute pin.

7:26 am  
Blogger tscd said...

julia: Thanks for your affirmation!

packrat: The kiddies love it.

cour marly: cheers!

3:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.