Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I am a doctor...

Not a...

1.Waitress. You will address me as 'Doctor'. My name is not 'You There' or 'Girl'. You do not attract my attention by snapping your fingers and shouting 'Can we get some service around here?'.

2.Chauffeur. I will not give you a lift home in my car, especially not whilst I am still at work. The ambulance service is not a taxi service either; please call a cab.

3.Washerwoman. If you vomit on your own clothes, I will help you remove them, but I will not help you launder them. I don't care if it's Versace, go and pay for your own drycleaning. Meanwhile, stop trying to puke on my scrubs.

4.Cabaret girl. Get off me, man, can't you see I'm trying to work? Go do the cha-cha in the corner with your dripstand instead. No, I will not join you in a rousing rendition of 'There was a young lady from Burma', stop that now, you keep your hands to yourself, mister and quit trying to grab Staff Nurse Gina's bum.

5.Mechanic. Mr Motorcyclist, I'm here to fix you, not your 'speedy wheelie chick magnet'. Stop asking me if your Harley will be as good as new. Yes, I'm sure your machine was 'da bomb'. It has definitely blown you to pieces.

4 Comments:

Blogger Huichieh said...

Good grief! I hope it doesn't get as bad as this most of the time.

5:11 am  
Blogger tscd said...

huichieh: unfortunately, it does. The nurses get it much worse than I do. Yesterday, one of the patients demanded that the nurses give him a massage and clip his toenails. Maybe they think A&E is a cheap type of spa.

1:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this sort of reminds me of dr. mccoy from star trek. the whole "dammit jim, i'm a doctor not a ___________".

4:02 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

j.: Yes. I am a Star Trek fan, hence the reference.

4:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.