Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'm so glad that...

...Stardust is a good listener.

People have commented that Stardust is a well-behaved boy.  This is not to say that he is a complete angel all of the time (because he isn't!).  However, he is generally sweet-natured, polite and obedient in public.

I have found that Stardust is more likely to display 'appropriate' behaviour when we are out, if I let him know what is expected of him beforehand.  I use the word 'appropriate' very loosely, because our expectation of 'appropriate' behaviour changes depending on the situation that we are in and who we are with.

For example, when he is out with MDH at the park, he is allowed to run freely ahead of us and enjoy exploring the space.  However, when he is with his grandparents, he has to stay close to them and hold their hand as they are not able to chase after him.

I do not expect Stardust to be able to decide how he should behave depending on the situation he is in.  He is far too young to be able to make the judgement by himself.  So, I try my best to prepare him beforehand and it usually does the trick.

He is a reasonable little boy - he really listens to what I say and he tries his best to comply.  And I am so glad for that!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous LiLi said...

Glad to see you back online. You've taught him well. :)

Take good care.

9:15 am  
Blogger tscd said...

LiLi: I don't think it has anything to do with what I've taught him - I think most children are pretty reasonable if you talk to them. When I was working, I found that kids have the capacity to be much braver than expected and the ones who handled pain the best were the ones who knew what to expect.

2:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ягода кизил

8:50 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your posting is very great.I think most children are pretty reasonable if you talk to them.

san ramon dentist

6:22 pm  
Blogger game-online said...

games for girls go
Breath of the wild wallpaper
coolmathgames run 3

11:37 am  
Anonymous Clipping Path said...

I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks

5:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.