Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Behold, the future of medicine

Scenario #1:

Gormless Medical Student: I'd like some X-ray teaching please.
TSCD: Okay. Have you seen any Chest X-rays before?
GMS: Yes.
TSCD: Okay, that's good. (puts up an Xray onto the light box) Do you know what this is?
GMS: No.
TSCD: Well, it's a Chest Xray.
GMS: Okay. Yes.
TSCD: Now, tell me what you can see.
GMS: It is abnormal. There is a big round...er...shadow...in the middle of the Xray.
TSCD: Actually, that's the heart. And it is normal.
GMS: To see the heart? On a Chest Xray?
TSCD:*facepalm* Yes. If there was no heart on the Chest Xray, I would be very worried, and I would maybe prepare some holy water.
GMS: Really? Why?
TSCD: *headwall headwall headwall*

*****

Scenario #2:

Witless Medical Student: I've just clerked a patient in. Can I run the clerking by you?
TSCD: Sure, go ahead.
WMS: Mrs X is a 30 year old lady. She came into hospital today because she was feeling sick.
(pause)
TSCD: And?
(long pause with some shuffling about)
WMS: And...that's all.
(even longer pause, whilst TSCD picks her jaw off the floor)
TSCD: How long did you spend with the patient?
WMS: One hour.
TSCD: One hour?! And that's all you could get out of her?!!
WMS: We talked about gardening, mostly.
TSCD: *facepalm* *headdesk*

6 Comments:

Blogger wahj said...

heh. The optimist in me says "Give em some time. I'm sure they'll turn out alright."

The pessimist shudders in fear.

11:27 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

do u watch the simpsons? this reminds me of dr. nick

*sings*
The kneebone's connected to the... something. The something's connected to the... red thing. The red thing's connected to my wrist watch... Uh oh.

4:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update update!!

10:47 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

wahj: Tell me about it. I try not to shudder in their presence, but it's difficult.

samuraibunny: *doh!*

anonymous: update what?

3:32 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

no, it means we're gormed

7:08 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

perhaps it means that we are Gorm-ay. hahaha.

6:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.