Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

One day

7:30am - Okay, okay I'm up.

8:30am - Breakfast for me, and then I'm checking out the careers websites on the internet to look for job openings.

11:24am - I've completed 3 application forms and am printing them out. Meanwhile, I watch the neon tetras darting about the biOrb. One of them looks significantly more swollen than the others. Maybe it's sick! Panicked, I search the online aquarium forums for information and then stare obsessively at the fish, looking for signs of disease.

12:11pm - I think the fish is alright. Maybe it is just fat. I'm so glad I'm not a vet.

12:35pm - I'm eating lunch whilst studying. I have my textbook in front of me, and the revision website open on my computer. I've got to cover one topic a week in preparation for the post-graduate part 1 exams.

1:40pm - The boiler mechanic arrives. He's come to replace some random parts of the boiler that have worn out. He spouts technical jargon at me whilst the boiler makes clanking noises when he fiddles with dials and switches. Finally, he is done. Now I can have hot showers! Hooray!

2:30pm - I throw my coat on for a jaunt downtown. Halfway there, I realise that I've forgotten to bring some cheques that I meant to pay in. I drop off some parcels at the post office, post the completed application forms and buy some stamps. I stop by Boots the Chemist and get some moisturising cream (Garnier Body Cocoon), plain aqueous cream and Palmolive 'anti-stress' body wash. My skin has been very dry lately in this winter weather. One of the other customers recognises me and asks me for my recommendation in skin creams. I tell her to get the aqueous cream - £2, hypoallergenic, comes in a 500ml tub, lasts at least 6 months if you use it all over twice a day.

4:15pm - Back at home, I finish another application form that needed to be handwritten (grumble). I hate it when you can download forms from the internet, but they've been made into .pdf format which means writing the same old thing which I could have just cut and paste from another form.

5:15pm - MDH texts me and sheepishly informs me that he will be running late this evening. Pah. I realise that I can't find the meat that I'd left out to defrost - MDH has cunningly put it in the fridge. Aargh. It is still solid ice in the centre. This ruins all my plans for dinner. I decide to order in pizza instead. If I can find the leaflet aound here somewhere...

6:20pm - Pizza is on the way! I feed the fish and watch them scrabble madly around the bowl. What is that...? Argh! There are some tiny white worms swimming in the water. Are they flukes? Maybe that's why one of my fish has gotten so fat! They're worm-infested! Panicked, I search the online aquarium forums for information and then stare obsessively at the fish, looking for signs of disease.

7:00pm - My fish are fine. The worms are called 'Planaria' and they are harmless towards fish. I resolve not to feed my fish for a few days so as to avoid an infestation. I am so glad I'm not a vet.

8:10pm - Pizza is here, MDH is here. MDH is bugging me to get off the computer and watch '24' with him. Bye.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

garnier body cocoon is the best body moisturiser, i love! it's smells so yummy and luscious, and it doesn't leave a weird film on the skin. i got it the winter before on a two-for-one offer at boots.

the vaseline intensive care aloe fresh lotion is pretty good too, and smells fresh like a spring morning (or something like that).

8:31 pm  
Blogger Tym said...

Pah. I realise that I can't find the meat that I'd left out to defrost - MDH has cunningly put it in the fridge.

Is he cunning because he wanted pizza and was trying to thwart your cooking plans? :)

PS: Yes, hate those stupid PDF forms too. Not everyone pays for the full Acrobat that allows exporting it to Word!

11:49 am  
Blogger tscd said...

ejl: Oh, I love trying out different moisturisers. The body cocoon one has such a nice smell and is so light. I also like Sanctuary's 'Mande' body balm. It's yummy.

jadeite: I thought Neon Tetras were egg scatterers and therefore didn't get 'pregnant'? Maybe she was egg bound. I have no idea. Anyone else care to enlighten me?

tym: You're probably right! That boy...*shakes fist*

7:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.