Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Chinese New Year Request

Happy Chinese New Year, everybody.

This weekend, I will be visiting the Outlaws and cooking the reunion dinner. However, the Outlaws are not very adventurous eaters, so I will probably be making Hainanese chicken rice (nice and bland) and maybe a grilled salmon salad (in place of the yusheng). Additionally, I will be using my limited knowledge of chinese to paint Chinese New Year banners for Mother-OL's nursery school classes.

So, all of you in Singapore with access to the usual CNY goodies, please please eat a double portion on my behalf and leave me a list of all the wonderful CNY tidbits and dishes you had this year. I will live vicariously through your gastronomical adventures! Yay for me!

Update:
Tym's list
jadeite's list and photos
ketsugi's photos
a.l.'s photos

8 Comments:

Blogger ketsugi said...

I'd like to say I've helped eat your share of the bak kwa, but my sister (not jadeite) got to it first. :(

More food reports after the reunion dinner tomorrow night!

1:36 am  
Blogger Tym said...

Happy new year!! Hope you had a lovely weekend?

(I was already eating double portions before you requested *burp*)

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Lunar New Year! :)
~lysithea

5:44 pm  
Blogger ketsugi said...

Here's some photos for you! And more to come over the next few days! ;D

http://flickr.com/photos/ketsugi/tags/food/

8:54 pm  
Blogger wahj said...

Will definitely eat a double share for you! = )

9:00 pm  
Blogger ampulets said...

i'll have double share of liang teh to help rid you of your vicarious/virtual sore throat from all the CNY snacks! Happy new year!

12:25 pm  
Blogger tscd said...

Thanks everybody - I am hungrily awaiting your CNY updates!

7:36 pm  
Blogger Tym said...

Dutifully blogged.

2:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.