Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 18, 2007

It can't be good when...

I get to work, and I can't get into the department because of all the patients queuing on trolleys all the way down the corridors to the main entrance of the hospital.

I finally squeeze my way in, and the other doctor who has been working there for the last 5 hours looks up at me, frazzled strands of hair escaping from her normally perfectly lacquered coiffure, says something to the effect of "I'm so glad to see you, it's been hell...", then promptly bursts into tears.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm a Singaporean doctor working in the UK too and happened to stumble across your blog some time ago...it's a fantastic read! Can totally relate to how you feel in this entry - my last rotation was in the MAU and i remember how horrible it could be when the unit was overflowing with patients (we had to clerk them in the corridor!), A&E kept harassing us beacuase patients were breaching, and it was just absolute chaos and mayhem!

7:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.