Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

It's only Tuesday!


I am so exhausted. And it's only Tuesday. And I'm on call this weekend, so the horror doesn't stop on Friday like it usually does.

I hate working 12 days in a row. It always makes me feel so ill at the end of it - a combination of being totally overworked, and not getting enough fresh air. Cabin fever, I tell you.

Funnily enough, I don't feel 'thin and stretched' when I'm really tired. I feel brittle and slightly cracked - like clay that hasn't been fired properly. Half-baked, as it were.

People are just not made to work continuously without taking a proper break. I don't even get a break in the evenings on workdays, because I have to sleep early in order to wake up at 5am to get back to work. I really look forward to my weekends because I can catch up on my sleep as well as spend some time outdoors.

At least it's summertime now. In wintertime, I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - I can go for a whole fortnight without seeing the sun. It's horrible.

I thought I'd put up this picture of brightly coloured beach huts to cheer myself up - I met lots of elderly people on this beach, pottering around the huts tidying things up or sitting together on sofas in the hut enjoying a cup of tea.

Someday in the future, maybe I won't have to wake up at 5am to get to work on the weekend. I can get up at noon and sit in my beach hut.

I really like the blue and yellow one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.